(607) 544-4298 email@example.com
Job Objective: Utlize technology to bring meaningful and compelling stories to the public.
Assistant Curator for New Media, National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Cooperstown, NY, (current), 8 years.
- Research and write exhibits for the museum;
- Develop new exhibits for the web and mobile devices;
- Manage projects to integrate new technology into the museum, including RFPs, contracts and schedules;
- Respond to public requests and complaints;
- Negotiate donation and loan offers;
- Host tours for VIPs, players and donors;
- Travel with artifacts;
- Engage with visitors, sponsors, donors and media;
- Update, troubleshoot, and manage the repair of existing technology in the museum, travelling tours and online exhibits.
Interactive Media Development
Assistant Curator for New Media, National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Cooperstown, NY, (current), also Interactive Systems Technician. Total of 10 years.
- Research and integrate new technology into the museum and the Web site;
- Troubleshoot and repair existing technology throughout the museum.
- Plan and coordinate installation of wireless network across a three-building complex;
Internet Marketing and Design, San Francisco, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Miami, FL; Cherry Valley, NY. 8 years.
- Research, develop, produce and present Videoconference and visitor programs;
- Spearhead initiative to host Videoconferences throughout museum;
- Develop new ways to promote the use of Baseball in the classroom.
- Work closely with private clients developing design and user interface of websites utilizing HTML, graphics, and media;
- Clients include the Internet Archive (the worlds largest information and media archive), Apple, Visa, and Sprint.
Assistant Audio Engineer, "HotWired" Web Electronic Magazine (one of the first successful advertiser-supported Web businesses), San Francisco, CA. 1 year.
- Manage personal business: budget, accounting, billing, taxes, develop clients, cultivate peers for co-bids and subcontracting;
- Research, plan, and implement infrastructure improvements.
Audio/Web Producer, KUSF-FM, San Francisco, CA. 5 years.
- Develop, record, edit, announce, engineer, and stream live and recorded Web programs;
- Write newsletter and other copy.
- Produce audio and Web content covering Community Affairs, Publicity, and Music.
Management and Administration
Board of Directors, The Exhibition Alliance (regional non-profit services for museums and exhibitions). 3 years, including current Board President, 1 year;
Co-owner and manager, Red Vic Movie House and York Theater, San Francisco, CA. 6 years.
Manager, Parkside Theater, San Francisco, CA. and Somerville Theater in Somerville, MA. 3 years.
- Improve cash flow through development of A/P system, ticket sales analysis, and film selection;
- Expand theater operations, doubling venues and staff;
- Negotiate purchase of second theater;
- Develop budget, negotiate bookings, schedule and compensate personnel.
Facilities Administrator, Chevys Mexican Restaurants, San Francisco, CA. 4 years.
- Manage staff, including scheduling, payroll, concessions, and facilities.
Founder and co-owner, Some Books, Somerville, MA. 1 year.
- Create systems to track repair and service visits for three technicians covering 30 restaurants;
- Initiate use of new technologies to improve communications, including training and support;
- Support companys transition from paper and DOS computer systems to Windows systems.
Executive Board and Program Director, WMFO-FM Tufts University, Medford, MA. 4 years.
- Help select location, negotiate rent, plan and open business selling used books and records;
- Help to develop budget, schedule staff, create systems for purchase, tracking, and displays;
- Book and promote live performances.
- Manage a staff of 80 students and community volunteers for one year, including fundraising, scheduling, quality monitoring, and consultation with programmers;
- Help to guide all aspects of radio station policy, including operations, budgets, fundraising, purchasing, technology, and programming.
Education: BA, cum laude, Political Science, Tufts University, Medford, MA.
Interests: Baseball, Cooking, Movies, Jazz.